View Profile SkyMarshall

19 Movie Reviews

Well now!

... it includes my song, which automatically means it gets a 6. Maybe not the most interesting flash out there, but it says "42" ... and that answers it all!

mikkim responds:

Don't panic! 42! that person above just said something pretty insulting. calling your song MINE, when it was clear it was YOURS?

Nostalgic

I liked it. Nostalgic and great.
Lot of moments I had to laugh ... a lot.
So good job on this one.
Looked pretty much like an actual Amiga/C64/8-bit game.

10/10
5/5

... and a cookie!

Oh you sick little shit you :)

Yeah well, so the voice acting is fit for the toilet (with poo and stuff in it) and the pacing is really slow and off - but hey - I like it. Inside your brain, you have angry hungry demon-babies with a lot of supressed violent thoughts - and it shows. I would really like you to start up your flash-career again - you really did get better over the years you made flash. And yes, I WILL help you with voice-acting and maybe some scoring next time. So get your fucking ass started. (also, the flash had a little over the tob amounts of cursing - but who the faen cares man=)

Verdict:
5/5 (2.72 / 5.00 (+ 0.0072)
10/10

R-Win responds:

Thanks for the vote and review,I will agree that the voice acting is not top notch exactly,and I will ask you to help out next time.Cheers m8:)

5 Game Reviews

I loved it

Great and addictive! Played through it on easy and hard. One of the best games Ive played in here for a long time actually.

Animation is what sold this to me!

Pretty much the only game I've enjoyed this year. Fav'd. The animations where silky smooth, and if this were on XBLA - I'd nuy it!

Great work :)

As good as it gets

Great work on this one. Portal 2D, and nearly as fun as the original. No, maybe not - but still a great fast free alternative. Nice variations in puzzle. I realize a lot of work went into making this, so you should know you did good. Awesome and fav'd.

22 Audio Reviews

This was a very interesting one. Have you ever heard of the game "Forsaken" for Nintendo 64 and Playstation 1? This took me right back to that one, as the soundtrack is very much like this tune. Anyway, a lot is going on here. First of all the kick and percussion is very classic and punchy d&b, so immediately sounds professional. The lo-fi skipping LP and click effects on the main "piano chords" are very cool. Lots of automation here I guess. Keeps it varied. Bass-line is complex and selective and kicks in at the right times. The only complaint I have is the lead used at 2:34, I would like that to be more interesting and less presety. Not the melody itself, just the actual sound.

Good job man. - Sky :)

Astro-reality responds:

Thanks for the nice review man, I listened back to the lead at around 2:34. I liked it but I think that you are right about it sounding a bit too much preset-ish, I will think about that in my future tracks. I am listening to "Forsaken" which I never heard of and I get what you mean with how this sounds similar to it, they indeed have quite the same kind of sound, although I didn't use any trumpets here. Perhaps an idea for a next Drum and Bass song.

Really well produced track. It sounds professional to me. The vocals are smooth as milkshake. Easy to digest. Good job on this one. Could easily see this being played on radio on the way to work. And I dont even like this type of music. Enjoy your 5 stars mate.

Very niiiiice. The lead is spot on. Tempo and drive is where it should be. Love it.

Hello. My name is Eirik. I make music.

SkyMarshall Arts @SkyMarshall